Monday, April 26, 2010
What Would They HAVE Been?
If they hadn't been such huge PITRs! See my blog on March 4... http://gypsysramblings.blogspot.com/2010/03/wonder-what-these-will-be.html
for an idea of what I thought I might be doing. Let's just say that using the charlottes in the corners was NOT my best idea. They were too small-holed, as well as brittle, to be able to go through them enough to hook them to the rings..broke enough of the charlottes that out came the scissors, and snip-snap, we were ready to create again.
I didn't really like the huge contrast in color, the dark of the satin amethyst next to the jonquil, so it was a good time to dig through the Swar bicones. Lo and behold, there were those lovely fire opals, and they looked really nice with the jonquil yellow. Round and round we went, substituting some 15o Miyuki S/L lime for the charlottes, and folks, we have a winner.
Now, to put them together.
Actually had them, well, a couple three of them, together as part of a bracelet, so I put it against my arm to see how I liked the look. The look was great. The look was awesome- just like warm Spring sunshine and flowers against my skin. The feel, however, was awful! I hadn't realized how scratchy and scritchy Swarovski bicones can feel against the underside of the arm. Didn't want to do an entire bracelet that felt nasty, so they parted company from each other, and just sat and stared at me for the next few days...
So, here is my solution- I love herringbone, love the look of the Swar circles, and the 11o matte lime just fit between herringbone sections, top and bottom of each circle!
My eyes AND my arm will be most happy with this combo...now, back to beading!