Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All done- what do you think?


The chunkiness of this stone with double triangle bail begged for something with more texture in the rope, so did a Turkish loop crochet, with 4mm flat jasper circles, 4mm dyed onyx rounds, 11° in two colors and some awesome glass beads that were the last packet left at my LBS. I wanted the glass beads to be on either side of the bail, so put the beaded toggle and loop on the side, where everyone says it is perfect! Glad it worked out that way.

What do YOU think?

Now, if only Take Me To Your Leader would get in step and tell me what to do next- sigh.

12 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think its absolutely fantastic!! Perfect balance with the necklace. Its just an unique, unusual, perfect piece.

Unknown said...

This is.....ok I can't find the words (all good of course) but I just can't find them. Thank you

Lidia said...

I think it's a fabulous and striking piece. I love all the elements and the way you put them together, That Turkish crochet is perfect for the focal. You will get a ton of compliments on this!

Crazy Mama said...

this is pretty dang awesome, aryd'ell!

Anonymous said...

Great article thanks. I love reading your blog.

I bought this beading book awhile back and I wanted to say I highly recommend it. Anyone that loves beading as a hobby should have this book

http://creek-corner.blogspot.com/2010/01/complete-bead-guide-is-essential-for.html

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Stunning!!!!!!! I love it!!!!

Olga Pavlova said...

Amazing! I love it!!!

steufel said...

I thinks it's stunning. Great job! regards Stefanie

Karyn said...

Oh my that is stunning. The red is so striking and your beadwork is impeccable. Well done!

Karyn

Gypsy said...

Thank you Everyone! It is interesting that beaders find it worthy, but regular folks out in the regular world find it intimidating, overdone, and 'what is it'?? LOL! All comments I got today while visiting the Emerald City. Thank goodness for beaders!

Lynn said...

There's something about the smoothness of the focal and the texture of the rope that just fascinates me. I want to touch it !!!!!

las perlas de malva said...

Maravilloso. Haces cosas increibles. Me encanta tu trabajo. Te felicito.