Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cuff progress

Almost done. Changed a small bit of the dark edge that had been bothering me, by adding carnelian flat chips, held in place with 11o pond green lustre beads. Then put in a bit of Res-Q tape, from the sewing department at WallyWorld (no TTT for me there, sadly), put in the blank and adjusted it (the tape worked nicely for that), then the plastic blank with tape holding it, and finally, the ultrasuede, again, with the tape holding that in place til I could sew the edges to hold it firmly. I did sew over the metal blank, but not the plastic one. I didn't want the metal one to ever shift. I used Spiderwire Stealth braided fishing line- size 6#, as I know it will stand up to that blank. I used the same thread throughout the entire cuff process, and it went inside the curved needle, plus the 15s at least twice.

Now, to finish the edge, and wear it to a party!

1 comment:

Phyl said...

...well, how smart you are!
I didn't realize we don't HAVE to make the actual beaded "top" of any cuff to the exact same width, shape, etc. of the metal cuff "form"!It's hidden inside anyhow!Thanks for a great idea......