Monday, September 29, 2008

Things are poppin' up all over!






















Despite the lack of rain, our misty mornings seem to be just enough to cause a mushroom explosion. Many of these are over 12 inches across, and the local bunnies and other wildlife seem to find the large brown ones tasty. I know the white ones are poisonous.




I am so not brave enough to try them myself, as the bunny population seems much diminished in the last weeks- maybe the mushies, maybe not.




Anyhow, here are some wonderful pics.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fairy stools! When mushrooms pop up it's because the fairies had a meeting or so my 13 y/o used to tell me.
Great pictures!

abeadlady said...

Great Pics! There is just something about mushrooms. Check out Fungiphoto.com and you will see some really strange ones.

Arline