Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Beads


One of the happier things about getting gas in my car is driving right past our LBS (local bead store). Alice often gets in new beads, and these are some of them. I needed new bead colors ( needed is not exactly the right word- LOL) for a kumibeado class I will be 'teaching' at the Mid-Southeastern Beaders' Retreat in Nashville, TN, next month.

The 4 tubes of 6o blue did not photograph true, as I was impatient, and did it in the afternoon. They are more purpley, and look to be a true indigo, in person, as well as being Matte Lustre finish.

The 6o gold are RED-gold, with an AB finish, again, Matte Lustre. I am experimenting to see if the color or finish remain true, or will change with chemicals or skin. I don't mind using them on bead embroidery that will get little handling, but don't want to use them on jewelry or a doll that will change appearance as the bead finish wears off!

Still, the $20 I saved by getting gas before the prices spiked (thanks, big oil distributors in Western NC) was better spent on beads!

Happy Beading, all.

1 comment:

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Oh, what delicious beads ---- they will be great for kumihimo braiding. Can't wait to see the finished project.