Monday, February 28, 2011

Viking Knit!


Gotta love it...the two-tone picks up the blue in the polyclay lentil bead- my first, made over two years back out of leftover cane ends. I don't know why I don't do more of this, as it is very relaxing. I do want to order a draw plate from glasshopper.com as the one they offer has many graduated holes, as well as being made of soft plastic (tho hard enough to do the job without falling apart), so it doesn't pull the finish off my Parawire. I do find some of the Parawire finishes to be not as dependable as others. The jewel-like tones seem to come off with very little use, while the more satin finishes seem tough as nails.
I hope you like it as much as I do!

3 comments:

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

It's very pretty!!!!!!!!! nice colors!!!

Terri said...

I love it! Great job!

Gypsy said...

Thank you, Mimi and Terri- I do too, and funny thing, I think my DH might actually like doing the wire part of the VK- he is NOT a beader, but he likes to fiddle with his hands, and that appeals to him....a match made in Heaven- someone to knit it and I get to create with it! LOL!