Friday, January 21, 2011

Let It Snow




While everyone around me moans about 'more snoooooow!?!', I revel in the stuff. Having grown up in NW Ohio, I am used to Winters with lots and lots of snow, below freezing temps, ponds and 'cricks' that actually freeze over that you can skate upon, not to mention roads that were rarely plowed (except maybe the main roads) but we still drove to work, the buses picked up children all over the rural county, and the snow was just a way of life.
Did I mention I adore snow? It has so many facets and types of snowflakes that someone actually wrote a book about it, and how to identify the many types, as well as what to expect when the humidity, air temps, and changing fronts might produce in the way of these lovely bits of frozen water.
The colors of snow reflect our world around us; the skies, the shadows cast by trees and buildings, the sunlight refracting through its crystalline structure.
To this end, I created 'Let It Snow', and have tried to capture just a few of the myriad shapes of individual snowflakes, as well as what it looks like to be in a night snowfall...
Using just four colors of delicas, plus one of charlottes to edge and some size 15 around the clasp and underneath the two-hole CZs at the clasp ends, this creation worked itself bit by bit to its end.
I love it!
I do thank Margie Deeb for posting her version and getting me inspired to create my own.
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh its Stunning! My daughter and I were just admiring the snowflakes as they settled on the car windows while we were waiting at a traffic light yesterday. They are wonderous indeed!

steufel said...

Wow - what a great pattern. You have the patience of a saint!

marsspyder said...

This is amazing, And I totally understand about the snow (I'm originally from NE Ohio). We only got 6 inches? No snow day... :(

marsspyder said...

This is amazing, And I totally understand about the snow (I'm originally from NE Ohio). We only got 6 inches? No snow day... :(

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Fantastic beadwork!!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello from snowy Michigan. Your braclet is truly magical and a master piece in beading. I truly love it. Hugs Judy

Pelantura said...

Es precioso y el cierre es muy original, enhorabuena, es muy, muy bonita.

Cathryn said...

I also love snow! Of course in my neck of the woods, snow means water in the spring and summer. So the more the merrier, I say! The below zero temperatures stove me up, but if there's snow, I can get over it. :)

Love this bracelet cuff--it's definitely a work of art!