Thursday, May 23, 2013

Update and Spring




This is a completed piece, from my free pattern a few weeks ago.
It is always interesting to see what direction a particular piece of beadwork decides to go. I thought this would be a nice bracelet, and it would, for someone in cooler climes, or who doesn't sweat like a racehorse! I was afraid the dyed purple Delicas would not stand up to it.
But I just couldn't stop. There was all that warping that would be wasted, and the nit-picky needling through the beads, avoiding the warp threads. Soooo
One day, it struck me! This is to be a bit for the center of a piece that will be a wedding gift. It will be sewn to a fabric-fronted piece of heavy Pellon, then bead-embroidered around the edges of the loom piece, then open space all around, then bead around the edges of the Pellon. Sort of like a double frame, is how I see it. My DH will do some nice calligraphy with their names and wedding date on a piece of hand-made paper, and that will be appliqued to the bottom, and bead-embroidered around.
Now came the fun part; picking the beads that will embellish this.
Why, oh why do I always want to pick the beads at night, when it's dark in the house, no matter how much light I shine?? At least I had sense enough to go to bed afterward, and play Let's Triage This Project's Beads in the morning on the deck.
This is what I started with- lots and lots of colors and styles I thought would work.
This is what was left after triaging, and will probably be further culled, but I like that each of the colors in the loomed piece is represented in each seed bead size.
I can't show you what the fabric looks like, because I used a spray glue to attach it to the Pellon, and it needs an hour to dry, so that will be later.

But, in case you thought this was all I was doing, here are a couple more projects;
A pair of wire and lampwork earrings- Sharon 'Harry' Solly made the lampwork- I did the rest. Tracy Smith of the UK designed the original. I played with it, and made these from her photo.
Also did a bracelet from one of the bits that got torn apart in my cleaning and clearing frenzy!
Embellished it to within an inch of its life!

Then, there is the 3-4 mile walk around our loops every day with TippyDogg, who also got a bath and a haircut. Lots of wildflowers to see and learn where they are. Here are just a few- more at another time.







I know these are the more common ones, but they are the only ones I have ready to go!
Happy Beading, Walking and I hope your Spring is wonderful!

No comments: